San Diego Unified Council of PTAs
San Diego Unified Council of PTAs exists to support the 80 plus units within San Diego Unified School District.
Our leaders are here to help you at all stages of your PTA year, from creating your budget to electing your next leaders and everything in between.
We offer 2-3 general training events prior to the start of school and then more specific seminars for new and seasoned presidents, secretaries, treasurers and auditors. No question is too hard for our experts.
Purposes of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
San Diego Unified Council of PTAs Includes 80 Local Units:
- 7 High Schools
- 9 Middle Schools
- 63 Elementary Schools
- 1 Charter School
- San Diego Unified Council of PTAs has almost over 11,000 members and is a part of Ninth District PTA.
- Ninth District PTA includes all PTAs in San Diego and Imperial Counties and has more than 80,000 members.
- California State PTA is a part of National PTA, which is about 5 million members strong with 54 state congresses (includes the District of Columbia, Europe, Pacific and Virgin Islands) in 23,000 local chapters.