Here are some ways you can get involved with the SDUCPTA’s Climate Action Committee:
- Volunteer at Earth Day in Balboa Park this Sunday, April 17. It’s the largest free annual environmental fair in the world and they need lots of volunteers. Click here to volunteer.
- Fun Activities for the Kids at Earth Day Balboa Park
- Children’s Earth Parade – The Children’s Earth Parade (All Species Welcome) starts at 10:30 am by the Spanish Village and marches through the Park to the Children’s Area in the Pan American Plaza. Participants are invited to dress up as endangered species, present their favorite earth-friendly messages. To find out more about the Children’s Earth Parade, including how you can participate, click here
- Special for Kids In the Children’s Activity Area, you’ll find crafts, games face painting, storytelling, and hands-on activities for children of all ages. Activities are intended to educate, entertain and inspire youth, int he spirit of Earth Day. This year, participants will learn how to make paper, find out about recycling, make gift cards from recycled materials, and learn how to visit wild areas without disturbing the environment. The Children’s Stage will feature youth-oriented performances throughout the day. And be sure the visit the Magic Stage, in front of the Lily Pond ion El Prado, for the Dr. Wilderness Family Magic Show.
- Summer Leadership Conference is coming June 4 – a full day of top training for PTA members in San Diego!! This year Ninth District PTA is offering a climate change workshop. Learn how your PTA can be more sustainable and create a healthy climate and a livable future for all children.
- NightCAP First Annual Climate Action Awards – Climate Action Campaign is having their first ever Awards Night and San Diego Unified School District and PTA member Laura Schumacher will be receiving an award. Watch the video announcement. Click here for tickets. Two of the awards are going to:
- San Diego Unified School District, 2016 Agent of Change:For voting to create a 100% clean energy climate action plan covering 226 schools and 131,000 students.
- Laura Schumacher, 2016 Unsung Hero: For leading the San Diego Unified Council of PTAs to make climate change a children’s issues and successfully advocating for the San Diego Unified School District to commit to 100% clean energy, climate change education, and adopting a climate action plan
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Schumacher, Council Treasurer and Climate Action Committee Chair at email@example.com