Video now available!
The Every Student Succeeds Act
A 90-minute webinar on the implications for California and equity
If you missed last week’s video conference — or just want to revisit the discussion — video and background materials are now available online.
More than a thousand people signed up for this conversation on the implications for California of the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which was passed in December. The panel provided a diverse and insightful array of perspectives on how the new law might affect efforts to ensure that every child has an equal opportunity to succeed in school.
The webinar, sponsored by EdSource and Partners for Each and Every Child, was moderated by EdSource Executive Director Louis Freedberg. Panelists were:
- Linda Darling-Hammond, President and CEO, Learning Policy Institute
- Christopher Edley, Chair, Partners for Each and Every Child, Co-Founder, The Opportunity Institute
- Rick Miller, Executive Director, CORE Districts
- Michelle Rodriguez, Assistant Superintendent, Santa Ana Unified School District
- Socorro Shiels, Superintendent, Santa Rosa City Schools, Education Director, California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (as of Feb. 1)
- Tom Saenz, President and General Counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Ryan Smith, Executive Director, The Education Trust-West
For news and updates on K-12 education in California, click here to subscribe to one or more of EdSource’s free email newsletters.
(You can choose how frequently you hear from them and unsubscribe at any time.)