The Parent Outreach and Engagement Department would like to extend an invitation to parents in the district to attend the Free Parent Leadership Academy Training, scheduled on two Saturdays, Jan. 23 and Feb. 6, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Ballard Parent Center, 2375 Congress Street (92110). Free childcare, a light breakfast, lunch and Spanish interpretation will be provided. See fliers (please add the fliers here so people can download) to share with parents at your school, your Cluster meeting or district parent group.
How to register:
- Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: Name, email, phone number, interpretation needs, schools your children attend, childcare needs, and ages of children. You may also register by calling (619) 293-4431.
- You will receive a confirmation by email or telephone.
- If you have questions about registration, contact Woodlyn Perez at (619) 293-4431.
If you have questions about the training, contact Bea Fernandez at email@example.com or at 619) 293-4431.
Goals of the Academy:
The Parent Leadership and Academy Network prepares identified and emerging parent leaders to:
- Become educational leaders for their own families.
- Work as informed partners with educators to ensure all students are college and career ready
- Learn how to reach out in positive ways and engage other families in their children¹s education.
This training uses the skills and positive energy of parent leaders and focuses on building strong partnerships with schools. This training supports Vision 2020, Area 4: Parents and Community Members Engaged in Learning and Title 1, Section 1118, Parental Involvement Requirements. Spanish translation will be available, if you need translation in another language, let the Parent Outreach and Engagement Department know as soon as possible.