SAVE THE DATE!!!
Investing in California’s Future Part II: What it Means for our Students, our Community and our Regional Economy Town Hall Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Time: 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Place: San Diego Central Library Neil Morgan Auditorium, 330 Park Boulevard, San Diego (92101)
Join the San Diego Unified School District, the San Diego Unified Council of Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and the United Way of San Diego for a countywide discussion with parents, community and business leaders on why supporting public schools matters for society and the economy. Superintendent Cindy Marten will provide welcoming remarks to highlight key district initiatives that hold promise in closing the opportunity gap with additional investments in the classroom.
United Way of San Diego will moderate the panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Andrea Guerrero, Executive Director, Alliance San Diego
- Clare Crawford, President and Executive Director, Center for Policy Initiatives
- Ed Hidalgo, Senior Director of Staffing, Qualcomm
- Mark Cafferty, President and CEO, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corp.
- Celeste Bobryk-Ozaki, President, San Diego Unified Council of PTAs
- Gregg Robinson, President, San Diego County Board of Education
Click on RSVP if you plan to attend the Jan. 19 meeting
Click here for the flyer in English
Clic aqui para Espanol