Celebrate Parents and Guardians on National Parent Involvement Day Nov. 19
The San Diego Council of PTAs and the San Diego Unified School District are partnering once again to celebrate National Parent Involvement Day at all district schools on November 19. National Parent Involvement Day allows us to highlight how important parents, guardians and community are to the education of our children and to say “Thank you” for their contributions. Principals and PTAs are encouraged to work together on hosting an event for parents. You may want to:
* Form a committee to plan an event.
* Add this committee to the regular PTA general meeting agenda. Continue to add members so that the work is shared equally.
* Meet with your principal early and add the date to the master calendar. Scheduling early avoids double booking events on the same day.
* Plan an event that is doable with the volunteers that you have and the budget available.
* Download the Program Guide in English or Spanish
Please contact Bea Fernandez, PTA Chair for this event for any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to know the date and time of when you are planning an event so we can highlight your efforts to the SDUSD. Download the flyer in English and Spanish.