What are Association Meetings?
The officers and chairmen of a PTA have the responsibility to plan the PTA meetings and programs and to oversee the operations of the organization. PTA leaders should utilize the standard job descriptions and tools provided in the Toolkit as well as updated information as provided by the California State PTA and the National PTA.
The PTA association/membership is the only group with authority to:
• elect the nominating committee;
• elect officers;
• approve/ratify all PTA expenditures;
• approve all contracts for PTA programs, events and projects;
• adopt the budget;
• adopt the audit reports;
• authorize an individual to represent the PTA;
• authorize a position to be taken on an issue after a study; and
• elect convention delegates